Yay!! I’ve lost 25.6 pounds total so far with 54.4 pounds to go to reach my goal! My BMI has dropped from 36.9 to 33.1 and my goal BMI is 24.9.
Natural Weight Loss
Prepare Food to Minimize Toxins
Removing certain foods is only half the picture – you also have to prepare foods in ways that minimize the chance that endocrine disruptors will leak into your food.
Here are 20 tips to help you do just that:
1. Remove visible fat and skin from any chicken, meat, or fish.
2. Don’t eat nonorganic full-fat animal products; choose skim or 1% dairy whenever possible.
3. Peel skins to eliminate pesticide residue from vegetables and fruits.
4. Remove the outer layers of cabbage and lettuce and throw them away.
5. Chop off the tops of fruits like apples and pears to avoid pesticides that might drain into the stem area.
6. Wash reusable plastic drinking bottles by hand, never in the dishwasher. If they get cracked or cloudy, recycle them and get a stainless steel bottle for water.
7. Grill, bake, or broil meats. Don’t fry them.
8. Avoid “everything but the kitchen sink” meat products, like hot dogs, bologna, and sausage – even minimize organic versions as they, too, will have concentrated toxins in their organs.
9. Wash fruits and veggies with gentle dish soap that doesn’t contain scents or phosphates.
10. Don’t store food in plastic containers. Throw them out and replace them with glass ones.
11. Stay away from cans as much as possible by eating seasonal produce.
12. Buy canned foods from Eden Foods because they don’t use BPA in their organic bean cans.
13. Buy broth, juice, milk, and other liquid products in cardboard containers instead of cans.
14. Don’t use plastic wrap; if you must, choose BPA-free Saran.
15. Never microwave with plastic wrap or other plastic containers; if you need to cover a dish, use a chlorine-free paper towel or another inverted dish as a top.
16. Don’t buy boil-in-bag or microwave-bag-vegetables or rice.
17. When grilling, use leaner cuts of meat or fish that won’t create fat-drip flare-ups. These flare-ups deposit known carcinogens, called heterocyclic amines (HCAs) or polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), on meat. (Grilled veggies and fruit don’t have them.)
18. Throw away any juices that drip from grilled meat, fish, or chicken.
19. Use glass baby bottles or bottles with liners.
20. Buy your veggies, fruits, meat, and dairy from your local organic farmers market as often as possible!
Come join me on my weight loss journey! I’d love to have you along!
Have an awesome day!
If you got value from this, please subscribe below and share with your friends!
If you’d like to read Jillian’s book, you can get it here: Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!
Dick and Lenay
email: Lenay@dickandlenay.com – 715-431-0657